Whatever fuel consumers need, ELINOIL is committed to not only satisfying but exceeding expectations with the quality of its products. Elin fuels are subject to multiple controls at all stages of their transport until they reach the consumer in order to ensure their absolute quality.
ELINOIL has the following fuels:
- Gasoline 95RON
- Gasoline 95RON Unleaded Crystal
- Gasoline 100RON
- Gasoline LRP
- Diesel fuel
- Diesel Crystal
- Heating Oil
ELINOIL, in anticipation of the shift of a significant number of consumers to the use of LPG as a vehicle fuel and the automotive industry’s response to this trend, has established a partnership with PETROGAS, one of the oldest LPG companies in Greece, with a leading presence in its sector and with special care for quality and environmental protection.
LPG can be used as a driving fuel by all gasoline-powered cars with a suitable conversion according to the type of car. The conversion is done by an authorized workshop/ engineer with a license to operate a workshop, install, maintain and repair LPG devices in cars and with a corresponding license to exercise the engineering profession. LPG as a fuel is as safe as gasoline, since:
- the pressure inside the tank and the absence of oxygen exclude the possibility of explosion in a possible leak, the gas diffuses into the environment and is not concentrated in the surrounding area such as liquid fuels.
- the combustion system is protected by suitable valves (non-return, overflow, maximum level, safety)
The use of LPG as an automotive fuel has several environmental advantages, since according to studies its use implies reduced emissions of carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides and harmful particles. In 2004 the European Union Emissions Trading Scheme confirmed, following tests conducted in four different independent laboratories in Europe in gasoline, diesel and liquefied petroleum gas, that the latter is environmentally much friendlier. More specifically, the use of LPG as a fuel in motor vehicles implies a decrease compared to unleaded:
- 20% reduced CO2 emissions, which plays an important role in the greenhouse effect as one of the so-called greenhouse gases;
- more than 100% reduction in oxides of nitrogen NOx, which are mainly responsible for the formation of smog;
- reduced emissions of particles that are particularly harmful to human health, causing respiratory and cardiac problems; and
- another advantage of using LPG as a fuel is also the economy as its price is significantly lower than gasoline. It is also thought to contribute to extending the engine life as it keeps the lubricants and spark plugs clean.