Our company has a track record of continuous progress for over 50 years. Below are some of the most important milestones in ELINOIL history, from its establishment in 1954 to the present:
1954 – 1960
1954 – 1960: The company was founded under the name “D. Diamantidis – Ch. Courouclis & Associates”. Its line of business was to import mazut into Greece to cover the needs of large-scale industries. It acquired its first transport vehicles (sloops and fuel trucks) and its first (leased) mazut storage plants at Elefsina. After the Aspropyrgos refineries were established and the import of oil products was banned, it was officially recognized as an oil company eligible to purchase mazut from the State Refineries.
1960 – 1970
The company changed its name to “ELINOIL Hellenic Petroleum Company S.A.” or “ELINOIL S.A.” for short. It expanded its business activities to include Northern Greece. It established privately-owned fuel facilities in Aspropyrgos. The company’s right to purchase all types of oil products was recognized. The first ELINOIL service stations were constructed and started operating.
1970 – 1980
The company entered the lubricants sector. It enhanced its existing infrastructure in storage units, maritime vessels, tanker trucks, etc. It entered the solid fuels (carbon/ pet coke) trade to cover the needs of heavy industries.
1980 – 1990
The company established a pet coke storage and processing plant in Aspropyrgos. It purchased the first special tanker to cover the requirements of its island service station network. Changes to the shareholder structure. It purchased fuel storage units at Porto Lagos. The company entered the ship fuels and lubricants supply sector.
1990 – 2000
The company extended into the ship lubricants sales markets in various ports worldwide. It acquired three more privately-owned tankers to cover the requirements of its island service station networks. It established a new company image and the “elin” trademark. The Fuels and Lubricants Technology Laboratory of the National Technical University of Athens launched its ongoing Fuel Quality Control Program. Preparation of a pilot program for biodiesel distribution via elin service stations in the Thrace region.
2000 – 2005
Establishment of elin Technical S.A. with the business objective of preparing comprehensive surveys and building retail outlets, petrol stations, industrial spaces, storage areas and infrastructures. The company was awarded the “Commitment to Business Excellence” certificate by the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM). Commencement of the operation of the second, state-of-the-art, solid fuels processing and distribution unit in Volos. The ELINOIL share was listed on the primary market of the Athens Stock Exchange. ELINOIL was ranked among the 10 companies with the best work environment in Greece by the Best Workplaces Institute.
2006 – present
Establishment of the elin Maritime subsidiary. Its line of business is the utilization and management of ships to meet ELINOIL’s transportation requirements. The company acquired two new, state-of-the-art tankers to cover the needs of the island network of elin service stations. elin Stations S.A. was established. Its line of business is to run liquid fuel stations, boat refueling stations and, in general, to perform retail sales. elin Biofuels S.A., in which ELINOIL has a 37% stake, was established. Its line of business is to produce and distribute biofuels. Launch of elin Biofuels’s state-of-the-art biodiesel production plant in Volos. The company acquired liquid fuel storage facilities in Agria, Volos. It acquired two more tankers to supply ELINOIL facilities and meet third-party requirements. ELINOIL, in partnership with PETROGAZ, provides LPG fuel at elin service stations.